The Mission of Voice of Calvary Ministries is to rebuild people to rebuild communities
through the gospel. Voice of Calvary Ministries serves as a resource to the church in
Christian community development by providing holistic programs which build strong
individuals, families, churches, and communities in order to enable them to reach their full potential in Christ, physically, spiritually, economically and socially.
Voice of Calvary Ministries (VOCM) has created a significant foundation for further growth with new initiatives, plans and programs. Enhancing the quality of life, eliminating urban decay and blight and restoring lost dreams daily inspire us to action. The world has been impacted by VOCM’s pioneering spirit of biblical reconciliation across racial, class and geographic barriers through the following achievements:
- 30,000 volunteers – Recruited and served from all across America
- 200 US Organizations – Learned and implemented the VOCM model
- 2 Global Organizations – Modeled VOCM "best practices"
- 270 Jackson Homes – Restored and renovated
- 16 Katrina Evacuee Homes-Developed Victory Park, McComb, MS, the first permanent community
- 100 Youth-Developed annually in after school and summer programs
- 50 Homebuyers-Educated annually in homeownership and financial literacy
- 15 Mississippi Non-Profit Organizations – Founded and mentored by VOCM
- 16 GED Graduates – Schooled and empowered over the last 1.5 years.
Now, VOCM is going to a new place, not settling to just go to another level of building communities. Starting with fresh plans with new staff and partners, VOCM builds on the strength of its history to forge a new Jackson and a new Mississippi. As demonstrated in our long-term recovery commitments and community leadership development, we are called to respond to the needs of West Jackson, our traditional base, and the entire state.
“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.”
-- Isaiah 61:1